A pumpkin parfait made with Greek yogurt can be a filling and satisfying way to start your day. It can also be a great way to change up your yogurt routine. With only 5 ingredients, you’ll find this recipe to be easy and quick to make.
Pumpkin Parfait Recipe
- 1 15 oz can of Pure Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup (can add more according to how sweet you want your pumpkin)
- 1 container of Greek Yogurt (17.6 oz container of Fage would work. I buy the larger 48 oz. Kirkland brand container from Costco, but you won’t use anywhere near all of it for this recipe.)
- Ginger Snap Granola (I bought the Golden Temple Bakery brand granola from Whole Foods. You can choose your favorite granola for this parfait. I thought ginger snap would be a good compliment to the pumpkin.)
Directions (Above ingredients will make at least 2 servings, so follow steps 2-4 twice.)
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin with Pumpkin Pie Spice and Maple Syrup.
- Measure 2/3 cup of the pumpkin mix, 2/3 cup of yogurt and 1/2 cup of granola.
- Using a 12 oz glass or larger, evenly distribute and layer yogurt, granola, and pumpkin. Repeat the layering once more.
- Sprinkle granola on top and enjoy!
Suggestions and Notes
Although a parfait makes for a pretty presentation, you could easily prepare the pumpkin, put it in the fridge, and add a scoop of it to a bowl of Greek yogurt and granola in the morning, or whenever the pumpkin craving hits you.
Also, I wouldn’t suggest assembling and putting the parfait together ahead of time, as the granola will get soggy. It’s best to assemble it right before eating.
Finally, Greek yogurt is a great way to get some protein into a snack or meal. This recipe will leave you full and satisfied!