This month, Foodland Hawai’i put out a challenge to their ambassadors to use one of their products in a creative and unexpected way. One of the products you could choose from was their Maika’i Pancake Mix. After searching up lots of recipes, I decided to adapt a recipe I found on allrecipes.com and make this Easy Shortcake Recipe with Pancake Mix.
I mean how could you go wrong with delicious strawberries and whipped topping? These did turn out delicious and were ready in no time! Keep reading for the recipe, as well as some suggestions to make the preparation even easier.
Ingredients for this Easy Strawberry Shortcake
With just 7 ingredients, you can make this delicious dessert!
- Fresh strawberries
- Pancake Mix (I used the Maika’i Buttermilk Pancake Mix from Foodland Hawai’i)
- Whipped Topping (I used Coco Whip, a dairy free option)
In the original allrecipes version, they mixed their fresh strawberries with sugar. I decided to try mixing it with honey instead and that worked well. You could also use maple syrup or another sweetener of your choice.
I chose to use the Buttermilk flavor of pancake mix from Foodland, but the banana and macadamia flavored mixes would probably work just as great.
I also chose to use a whipped topping instead of beating whipping cream (as the original recipe instructed). This saved me some time, and I was really interested in trying the Coco Whip, as I had seen other folks rave about it on social media. It was a good choice, and you might want to try it, if you like a light coconut flavor. You could also use Cool Whip.Print
Easy Shortcake Recipe with Pancake Mix
Delicious and easy strawberry shortcake recipe that you’ll want to make again and again!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Easy
- 2 cups of strawberries sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 1/3 cup Buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- whipped topping
- Turn on oven and heat to 425 degrees.
- Mix sliced strawberries with honey and set aside.
- Mix the rest of your ingredients except the whipped topping, until it forms a dough.
- Form the dough into circles on a non-stick pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Slice in half, fill with whipped topping and strawberries and top it with more whipped topping and strawberries.
- The shortcake can be a bit delicate and crumbly, so feel free to make thinner, smaller circles of dough that you can use as tops and bottoms. This takes out the step of slicing the shortcake in half, after you remove from the oven and let them cool.
Keywords: shortcake, strawberry shortcake, pancake mix