Looking for ways to spice up that boring old bowl of oatmeal? If you’re a fan of apples, this Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is for you! Ready in minutes, you can have a warm and tasty bowl of oats in no time. It’s also great if you’re looking for a healthy way to satisfy an apple pie craving.
Keep reading for this super easy and quick recipe and suggestions to help you make it today!
What oatmeal should I use?
Let’s start with the most important ingredient…your oatmeal. You can actually use your favorite oats for this one. I used Coach’s Oats, which is easy to prepare and quite delicious. For a single serving, you boil a cup of water and add 1/3 cup of oats. You let it cook for 5 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally. You can also prepare Coach’s Oats in the microwave or use them for overnight oats.
I also like McCann’s Irish Oatmeal. McCann’s are steel-cut oats. They can be prepared in the microwave or used for overnight oats. Both would be great choices for this Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
This oatmeal preparation is a delicious and hearty way to start the day. It’s ready in minutes and great for apple lovers.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast or Brunch
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 1 apple
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Prepare your oatmeal. While you’re waiting for it on the stovetop or in the microwave, start preparing your apple by dicing it. You don’t need to peel it, but you can if you want to.
- Melt butter into a medium size pan and add apple. Stir to coat with butter.
- Add maple syrup, pouring it evenly over the apple pieces. Stir.
- After 8 minutes of cooking, sprinkle cinnamon on top of your apples. Cook another 2 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of total cooking time, scoop your apple pieces on top of your oatmeal.
I used a Cosmic Crisp Apple, but you can use your favorite apple. The 10 minutes of cooking should leave your apple still a bit firm and crisp, not mushy and soft. If you want it softer, you may opt to cook it a few minutes longer.
Keywords: apple cinnamon oatmeal, oats, breakfast
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes? Check out Pesto Egg Toast or Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice.