If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love to shop at Costco. Living in Hawai’i is expensive, and I feel like I get more for my money at the crazy warehouse of a store.Going through my pantry and refrigerator after a recent shopping trip to Costco, I decided to make some stuffed bell peppers. Everything in this recipe was purchased at Costco, except for the fresh basil that I used to “dress up” the final dish.
Tuna Stuffed Bell Pepper
A super healthy breakfast with lots of protein and healthy fats.
- 2 bell peppers cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 can of albacore tuna drained
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 celery stalk cut into small pieces
- 7 pieces of sundried tomatoes in olive oil (see above for the brand that I used), cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and put your halved bell peppers on a baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a pan on medium heat, add in celery and cook for 3 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes, tuna, and thyme and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Scoop the tuna mix into the bell peppers, leaving room for an egg on top.
- Bake bell peppers for 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and crack an egg on each one and bake for 15 more minutes.
- When it’s done, you may sprinkle black pepper on top, and top it with fresh basil.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy breakfast!