Ganesh Dosa has recently brought delicious dosa to Kailua, but what is dosa? It’s a crepe from South India that’s made from fermented rice and lentils. It tastes delicious with savory fillings such as potato masala, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and spinach.
Ganesh Dosa allows you to customize your dosa, or you can select one from their main dosa menu. All main dosas come with a cup of sambar soup, a vegan lentil soup made with potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, Indian spices, and seeds.
What We Tried
My friend ordered the Chef’s Recommendation which came filled with potato masala, jarlsberg cheese, tomatoes, avocado and olives. My Supreme dosa was very similar with potato masala, jarlsberg cheese, sundried tomatoes and spinach. Each order comes with 2 wraps, a cup of chutney (coconut or tomato), and a cup of sambar soup.
- One order is quite a bit of food. If you aren’t super hungry or just want a smaller meal, you could do one order and share it with someone. We were able to finish our whole orders and were really full, but also super satisfied. Do what you gotta do!
- Also, eat it while it’s warm and crispy on the outside. So delicious that way!
- Ganesh Dosa can also make your order vegan by swapping out the cheese with spinach, avocado , or olives.
- They also have a delicious iced chai that I recommend.
- Ganesh Dosa
- 315 Uluniu St., Kailua, HI 96734
- Located in Kailua Square (same building as Cinnamon’s)
- metered lot or street parking
- handful of tables and counter seating available in the restaurant.
For more dining recommendations on O’ahu, check out our Restaurant Guide. Mahalo for reading!