Charcuterie boards are perfect when you’re attending a small gathering. You can have a variety of small bites that will appeal to most anyone.
Wikipedia says that “Charcuterie is a French term for French cooking devoted to prepared meat products…” but what if you don’t eat meat? There are tons of non-meat items to choose from when building a beautiful tray, plate, or board for your next get together. The beauty of it is that you can go small with 3 or 4 items or much larger with as much variety as your tray will hold. Pictured above are some ideas for a vegetarian platter:
- Hellenic Farms Fig Salami-a vegan option made with figs, cinnamon, and pistachios. It is actually quite sweet and tastes like fruit.
- Toma Provence by Point Reyes Cheese-any cheese will do and there are vegan options if you or your guests don’t eat dairy.
- Apple slices
- Maika’i Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt
- Maika’i Candied Pecans
- Divina Specialty Red Pepper Stuffed Olives
- Crunchmaster Multigrain Sea Salt Crackers
- Haig Delicacies Hummus
Also, don’t forget to share a great bottle of wine! Pictured here is the Pinot Noir from Ryder Estate Wines.
All of these items were found at Foodland Kahala MKT. in Honolulu, Hawaii. Let me know in the comments what your favorite charcuterie elements are!