Growing up in Hawai’i, I’ve eaten tofu watercress salad many times, as it’s a local favorite. Typically served with a shoyu-ginger based dressing, it’s a popular dish at family parties. This Lemon Caper Tofu Watercress Salad recipe has a completely different flavor profile, but it’s a tasty way to change up the watercress and tofu combination.
Lemon Caper Tofu Watercress Salad
A tasty and filling tofu watercress salad.
- 1 container of Firm Tofu (16 oz) drained and pressed of liquid; diced
- 12 stems of watercress washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato; diced
- 1/2 onion diced Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup capers
- Prepare tofu, watercress, tomato, and onion. Put in a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients, adding the capers last.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- Cover the salad and put in the fridge over night.
- Ready to serve the next day, after the dressing has been absorbed into the salad.
Let me know if you try this easy Lemon Caper Tofu Watercress Salad. If you’re looking of more non-meat recipes, check out my Easy No Meat Nachos Recipe or Vegetarian Charcuterie Board post, which are both great for entertaining.