The restaurants in Kaimuki are varied and popular in Honolulu. You can find a wide variety of places to dine-in or get take-out. Here are 6 of my favorite Kaimuki restaurants!
- Saigon’s Restaurant
- 3624 Waialae Ave., Honolulu, HI 96816
- This became a favorite place to get take-out during the pandemic. Their food travels well. I’ve also been back for dine-in, and the experience is great, especially if you’re looking for a casual spot with fast and attentive service. My favorites include the Vermicelli Cold Noodles with Tofu Spring Rolls or the Tofu and Eggplant Lemongrass on Vermicelli.
Noods Ramen Bar
- Noods Ramen Bar
- 3611 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816
- (808) 888-2115
- With a large variety of ramen with different flavor profiles, you’re sure to find something to please your palate. They have almost as many vegan ramen options as they do regular meat options, too!
- Himalayan Kitchen
- 1137 11th Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816 (located upstairs)
- Flavorful food from the Himalayan region (India, Nepali, Tibet). Himalayan Kitchen has a large, varied menu. This is a great open-air venue to gather with friends. Enjoy samosas, curry, naan, and more! Tons of seafood and vegetarian options available.
- Hale Vietnam
- 1140 12th Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816
- A long-time restaurant in Kaimuki, you can walk-in on most days and nights to grab a delicious bowl of Vietnamese food. My favorite menu item is their Vegetarian Imperial Rolls on vermicelli noodles. These rolls are deep fried and filled with tofu, chop suey yam, carrots, long rice, cooked mung beans, and potatoes. Nothing beats that crunch!
- Angelo Pietro
- 1108 12th Ave. Suite C, Honolulu, HI. 96816
- If you’re feeling like pasta or pizza, check out Angelo Pietro. They’ve got a variety of pastas, sauces, and ingredients to customize your dish. Depending on what you choose, you can have a more traditional Italian dish or a fusion of Italian and Japanese flavors. Angelo Pietro is known for their famous dressings, which can be found in local grocery stores. Try their Pietro Rainbow Salad (pictured above) and top it with one of their famous dressings!
- O’ahu Grill
- 1137 11th Ave. #104, Honolulu, HI 96816
- Looking for Hawaiian food in Kaimuki? Look no further than O’ahu Grill. I recently tried their Squid Lū’au entree and it didn’t disappoint. Not too sweet, a good size serving, and lots of squid in there. The regular size entrees come with a choice of poi or rice, lomi salmon, and haupia. They have tables, if you’d like to dine-in, but they also have online ordering available, too.
Parking for Kaimuki Restaurants
A few restaurants in Kaimuki have their own parking lots. For the restaurants mentioned here, you’ll want to use street parking or one of the municipal lots that are behind many of the restaurants.
Street parking may require you to pay the meters, depending on the time of day. Municipal lots charge at all times of day. You can pay with a credit card at one of the kiosks, before exiting to expedite your departure.
More Kaimuki Food Options
All of the restaurants mentioned above have take out options. If you’re looking for some take-out only options in the Kaimuki area, be sure to check out our posts about Higoto Japanese Eatery or Coco Bloom Kitchen.
We also have more ideas for Kaimuki eateries in our O’ahu Restaurant Guide by Location.