Looking to spice up your sandwich life? I’ve got a quick, no fuss recipe that will satisfy your desires for a sandwich that has a little heat, and a bit of sweet, too!
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s fast and easy to make, and it only uses 5 ingredients. I simplified the preparation by using cooked shrimp, but you can buy shrimp and cook it if you’d like. Also, I used Kewpie Mayonnaise, because I like its eggy taste, but you can use whatever mayo you’ve got in the fridge.
For the roll, you can also substitute it with one of your choosing, but I highly recommend that you give the King’s Hawaiian brand a try. It toasts beautifully with a little butter and adds that addicting sweet flavor that will balance out the slight heat from the Sriracha. This was my first time using the mini subs, and I will say they are on the smaller size, so you might plan on eating 2, if this is going to be your dinner. (Note: If you’ve never made a grilled cheese with the King’s Hawaiian sliced bread, you need to do it NOW!)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, cut into small pieces
- 1 celery stalk, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 package King’s Hawaii Mini Sub Rolls
- optional: garnish with lime wedge and cilantro
- Mix shrimp, celery, mayo, and Sriracha in a bowl. Put a little butter on the inside of your roll and toast in a pan. Spread the shrimp mixture on your roll. Squeeze a lime wedge and/or add cilantro to your roll. Enjoy!
This was part of Foodland 5, a campain to bring recipes of 5 ingredients or less to Hawai’i shoppers. All of the ingredients for this recipe were found at Kahala MKT. by Foodland. For more meals prepared with Foodland products, check out these posts: 1) Breakfast from Foodland Kahala MKT. or Avocado with Feta and Tomato.
Let me know if you try the recipe in the comments!